Dairy Consulting Experience
January 6-10, 2020 | Madison, WI
Get THE competitive edge in large herd consulting.
Applications due November 1st
Who We Are
We are a family of businesses at the heart of the global dairy industry. We are passionate about developing our employees and future leaders that share our vision to advance the dairy industry. Our highly-trained consultants work with the most progressive global dairies to deliver value through data-driven record analysis and cow-side observations on reproduction, genetics, calves, animal health, and herd management.
What you'll Learn
A world-class program for the most elite undergraduate dairy students. Students will present their findings at the end of the week with the chance to win the opportunity to participate in a 1-2 week international work assignment, with travel and other costs covered by URUS.
Work with experts on dairy record analysis, reproduction, genetics, calves and conditions that impact herd performance.
Collaborate as teams to evaluate and analyze real-world dairies through a mix of classroom and on-farm learning.
Network with industry leaders from URUS companies: Alta, GENEX, VAS, AgSource, and SCCL. Students will gain real‑world experience from hands-on programs and industry expert interactions.
Sessions will be led by our companies’ top scientists and practitioners. These experts are world renown for their expertise. They have researched and implemented their topics on the largest, forward-thinking dairies in the world.
Monday, January 6th
- Executive perspective on the global dairy industry
- Secrets to successful consulting
- Leveraging your personality strengths as a consultant
- Linking record analysis to strategic solutions
Tuesday, January 7th
- Understanding reproductive metrics that drive profitability
- Evaluating Repro in DairyComp
- Creating intentional dairy walk-through procedures
Wednesday, January 8th
- Digging into the real value of genetic proofs
- Implementing genetic strategies
- Navigating real-world genetic case studies
Thursday, January 9th
- Exploring colostrum’s link to genetic potential
- Considering calf nutrition’s impact on adult performance
- Putting it all together – Your turn to evaluate the dairy and create recommendations
Friday, January 10th
- Putting it all together – Presenting your recommendations
- Awards presentation
Don’t miss this five day, all‑expense paid experience.
Contact Kasey Schiltz